Friday, July 11, 2008

Some links here with the painting, but larger than life! This photograph was taken at my old studio in Tennessee when I was starting to experiment with light in 2007.

I now have a solo show of paintings in Asheville, NC and at the opening night I showed a slide show of these digital images, along with a light installation with a coin-operated timer. It looked great, and I will have a picture for the blog soon. It expands the idea behind the paintings and the new drawings using metal dust.

The idea is that the shadow is formed by a simple, mechanical process of light being blocked as it travels out from a source. That is what happens when I spray round a stencil in the paintings, or when I use the metal dust and gravity to draw an object that is present.

No comments: